Thursday 19 February 2009

How You Can Walk Through a Storm with Hope and Optimism in Your Heart

There are many times when life gets us down. Life is hard, finances are tight or a relationship breaks up. We’ve all been there and we are left wondering where God was throughout these difficult times. Why did God not help us in our hour of need?

I find the verse “Footprints in the Sand” by Mary Stevenson such a poignant piece of work. For those that have never read it, I feel inspired to copy it for you here.

Footprints in the Sand

One night I had a dream.
I dreamed that I was walking along the beach with the Lord,
and across the sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints,
One belonged to me and the other to the lord.
When the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that many times along the path of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest
and saddest times in my life.
This really bothered me and I questioned the Lord about it
“Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you would walk with me all the way,
but I noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life
there is only one set of footprints.
I don’t understand why in my times when I needed you most,
you should leave me.”
The Lord replied “My precious, precious child,
I love you and would never, never leave you
during your times of trial and suffering.
When you saw only one set of footprints
it was then that I carried you.”

The truth is that God is always there by our sides and watches over us “for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health”. He is there for the good times as well as the bad. Whatever situation we find ourselves in, we come through it eventually and it is Gods guidance, his desire to carry us that brings us safely to the end of that particular journey in our lives.

Knowing that God holds our hands when we need him most helps us to walk through the storm with hope in our hearts believing that we will never walk alone.
We can always have motivation, inspiration, optimism, self confidence and self esteem when there is help by our sides.

Terry Norrington

http://www.whatisthemeaningoffaith.com

http://www.whitedovebooks.co.uk/index.htm#terryn1

No comments: